Financial Planning is a long-term process, and the associates at Pool and Associate can assist you in achieve your goals and dreams by helping you wisely manage your finances. We can help you navigate the financial barriers that inevitable arise in every single stage of life. Remember that financial planning is a process and not a product. We can help you establish a sound financial plan and guide you through the steps to take to implement and monitor you plan.
There are many benefits to financial planning, but the main benefit is knowing that you will have the money that you need, when you need it. In today’s hectic world, it can be advantageous to have someone to keep you focused and follow through with your financial plans.
Pool and Associate can work with your to determine your goals, gather data, analyze and evaluate your financial status, develop and implement a plan, and monitor the plan while making necessary adjustments that will benefit you.
Some rules to follow when looking at financial planning:
- Start Early - the earlier that you start the better off you will be.
- Put an amount aside regularly - It is so simple, but it is the best advice.
- Start Small - Even a small amount can add up over time.
- Be an informed investor - learn about what your investments are, if you do not want to learn hire someone to do the investing for you that knows what they are doing.
- Begin now and make it a habit - When we form a habit it is easier to keep it going
- “Eggs in a basket” theories - The old adage of “don’t put all your eggs in one basket” still hold true. Just make sure you know something about your baskets.
- Find your “comfort” level - make sure your investments are appropriate for you. Do not invest in something that makes you uncomfortable.
Financial Management Advice
We know that it can be hard to keep your finances under control, but even harder when you do not know how to control your finances. To help our clients, our associates can discuss ways for you to manage your monthly finances. Keeping control of your expenses is a large part of being able to control your finances.
We all know that there are expenses that come up and are out of our control, but having a control on spending now and investing wisely, you can be prepared for any of life’s uncontrollable moments. Some ways to keep a tight rein on spending is:
- Try to use cash - Only use credit and credit cards when purchasing something that will increase in value.
- Only use credit cards when necessary - Interest rates make everything cost more, so make sure you have a plan for paying off the credit card before you use it.
- Understand the cost of credit - Analyze credit costs and understand the difference a percent can make in not only what it will cost you, but what returns you could receive from your investments.
- Review annually your insurance costs - Continually determine whether you are under or over insured with all of your possessions. Talk frankly with your insurance agent and consult them when buying or selling any property.
Financial planning and management is a critical part to making your financial goals and dreams come true. At Pool and Associate, we can help you manage and control your finances to reach your goals.